ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that our customers can move ahead with confidence.
With more than 45 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what’s next, so it can adapt without compromising standards
We are recruiting two additional Senior Software Testers to support our Digital Patient Product line
Senior Software Tester
The Senior Software Tester will facilitate the Exploratory Testing and Validation Testing of the existing or newly developed native application and web portal products according to the departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions.
The Senior Software Tester role will also involve working very closely with development and product team in order to ensure the delivery of high quality products through the application of testing techniques, knowledge and practice within fast-paced, agile development life cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Working within a cross functional Scrum team
* Conduct Exploratory, Integration, Functional, Non-Functional, Performance, Security and Validation Testing.
* Ability to define and prepare the Test Plans, Test Cases and Validation Reports.
* Identify to log the issues in Defect Tracking System and prioritize the issue.
* Participate in the review process of requirement specification and User Stories.
* Provide the estimate (Story Points) for effort require to complete the testing of a User Story or Requirement
*Recommend quality improvements or changes to development processes, procedures, and systems and software products to correct known or potential deficiencies.
* Provide software quality feedback to the scrum team
* Provide appropriate research support to business groups within the organization
* Speak effectively in one-on-one and in small group situations
* Recommend solutions for new ideas
* Identify and recommend solutions for problems
Qualifications / Experience
* Experience of analysis and documentation techniques including user stories, use cases, design specifications and the ownership of those solutions through to delivery.
* Excellent knowledge and experience to apply best testing practices and testing methodologies.
* Excellent knowledge and experience of Functional Testing, Non-Functional Testing, End to End Testing, Performance Testing and Security Testing.
* Excellent knowledge and experience of testing mobile applications (Android/iOS) and Web Portals.
* Excellent Knowledge and experience of C#, Selenium, Spec flow for automation the test cases.
* Excellent Knowledge and experience of Database Management Systems preferably SQL.
* Excellent Knowledge and experience of Performance Testing tools preferably Jmeter.
* Experience of the full SDLC, ideally with an agile approach
* Ideally an understanding of large corporate/matrix organization processes and procedures
* Stakeholder skills capable of influencing project managers, Product Owners and selling the capability of team in client-vendor relationship
* Reasonable people management skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Good time management and organisation skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to work in a self-sufficient manner within a geographically dispersed team
What we Offer
We offer a global exchange scheme meaning you can apply to work in any of our global locations for 4 weeks and an 8 hour exchange scheme were you can work in another department for 8 hours - great opportunities to learn more of what others do and different cultures.
We run Yoga and boot camp classes and have both social and wellness committees, so we enjoy many celebrations and plenty of free fruit.
Additionally we have completed the refurbishment of our Nottingham offices providing a larger breakout area, more showers and larger office spaces - come take a look !