ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that our customers can move ahead with confidence.
With more than 45 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what’s next, so it can adapt without compromising standards
The Software Engineer is a member of the Project Maintenance squad responsible for investigation, change control software development and data changes using a tech stack that includes Android, iOS, MSQL, .NET (MVC3) and ASP.NET.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance of project specific and core architecture for highly-interactive, worldwide distributed, mobile-web applications. All these activities will enhance and maintain the systems that provide clinical research data acquisition and data management.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
* Working within a cross functional Scrum team.
* Analyse, design and develop web apps.
* Identify and resolve app issues.
* Assess the health and performance of apps.
* Provide appropriate research support to business groups within the organization.
* Speak effectively in one-on-one and in small group situations.
* Recommend solutions for new ideas.
* Identify and recommend solutions for problems
Qualifications / Experience
Must have object oriented language experience
Must have Full software development experience, from specification to delivery
Working experience in cross-functional teams
Working experience with source control
Independent, responsible individual who can rapidly develop quality applications
Experience dealing with external vendors and have a customer service orientation
Ability to learn quickly, work in a team environment, and demonstrate a quality attitude
Strong interest in the application of new technology to the clinical trials process
Ability to manage tasks simultaneously
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to interact with customers on teleconferences and in-person meetings
* Stakeholder skills capable of influencing project managers and selling the capability of team in client-vendor relationship.
* Good people management skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Good time management and organisation skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work in a self-sufficient manner within a geographically dispersed team.
What we Offer
Competitive Salary plus Annual bonus target (Based on EBITDA and personal performance)
Excellent On-Boarding plan
Group Pension Plan
Death In Service (x4 salary)
Health Insurance (Vitality)
Private Medical for self (you can pay to add family member)
33 days holiday
We offer a global exchange scheme meaning you can apply to work in any of our global locations for 4 weeks and an 8 hour exchange scheme were you can work in another department for 8 hours - great opportunities to learn more of what others do and different cultures.
We run Yoga and boot camp classes and have both social and wellness committees, so we enjoy many celebrations and plenty of free fruit.
Additionally we are about to complete refurbishment of our Nottingham offices providing a larger breakout area, more showers and larger office spaces - come take a look !