ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that our customers can move ahead with confidence.
With more than 45 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what’s next, so it can adapt without compromising standards
The Android Developer role will provide software design, development and application support for native application products, in addition, the Android Developer role will require contribution to the architecture of new and existing products and the evolving development process whilst adhering to departmental SOPs.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
* Working within a cross functional Scrum team
* Analyse, design and develop native mobile apps
* Identify and resolve app issues
* Assess the health and performance of apps
* Provide appropriate research support to business groups within the organization
* Speak effectively in one-on-one and in small group situations
* Recommend solutions for new ideas
* Identify and recommend solutions for problems
Qualifications / Experience
* Experience of analysis and documentation techniques including user stories, use cases, design specifications and the ownership of those solutions through to delivery.
* Excellent knowledge of object oriented development techniques with particular emphasis on Kotlin, Java, and the Android SDK.
* Experience of libraries such as Realm, Retrofit, and RxJava
* Development experience with securing applications for Android phones and tablets
* Experience of the full SDLC, ideally with an agile approach
* Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON
* Experience of continuous integration / continuous delivery
* Ideally an understanding of large corporate/matrix organization processes and procedures
* Stakeholder skills capable of influencing project managers and selling the capability of team in client-vendor relationship
* Reasonable people management skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Good time management and organisation skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to work in a self-sufficient manner within a geographically dispersed team
What we Offer
Competitive Salary plus Annual bonus target (Based on EBITDA and personal performance)
Excellent On-Boarding plan
Group Pension Plan
Death In Service (x4 salary)
Health Insurance (Vitality)
Private Medical for self (you can pay to add family member)
33 days holiday
Ample Free onsite Parking
We offer a global exchange scheme meaning you can apply to work in any of our global locations for 4 weeks and an 8 hour exchange scheme were you can work in another department for 8 hours - great opportunities to learn more of what others do and different cultures.
We run Yoga and boot camp classes and have both social and wellness committees, so we enjoy many celebrations and plenty of free fruit.
Additionally we are about to complete refurbishment of our Nottingham offices providing a larger breakout area, more showers and larger office spaces - come take a look !