The role of Senior Software Tester is a key component of the Digital Patient testing department, responsible for the testing of internally and externally developed software applications. In addition to the thr rolewill lead and innovate process improvements for the department.
ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that customers can move ahead with confidence. With nearly 50 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what’s next, so we can adapt without compromising standards.
Powered by the company’s EXPERT® technology platform, ERT’s solutions enhance trial oversight, enable site optimization, increase patient engagement and measure the efficacy of new clinical treatments while ensuring patient safety. Since 2014, more than half of all FDA drug approvals came from ERT-supported studies. Pharma companies, biotechs and CROs have relied on ERT solutions in 10,000+ studies spanning more than three million patients to date. By identifying trial risks before they become problems, ERT enables customers to bring clinical treatments to patients quickly — and with confidence.
1. To analyze and review project requirements and specifications.
2. Competently prioritizes tasks and manages own workload to meet deadlines.
3. To create the test artifacts for assigned projects (test plans, reports)
4. To execute and track testing, analyze test results and recommend corrective action
5. To communicate status, issues and risks on a timely basis, recording and tracking defects
6. To develop and maintain the test automation regression suites
7. To contribute to the development of department strategy and is willing to offer
recommendations that are in line with corporate objectives
8. To lead and manage projects related to the IT department which may involve stakeholders
from outside the department
9. To maintain in-depth knowledge of the company's SOP’s relevant to the role
10. The position may involve other duties appropriate to the role
11. To proactively focus on one or two areas of technical expertise and provides support in
these areas to the test group (e.g. test automation).
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
1. Ability to apply software testing methods and techniques, combined with creative
thinking and an understanding of risk, to produce thorough and challenging test suites
2. Experience and knowledge in using exploratory testing approaches
3. Ability to design and execute test automation suites
4. Attention to detail
5. Flexible attitude and ability to work in teams
6. Ability to prioritize effectively and work to deadlines
7. Proficient in MS office suite of programs
8. Proactive with ability to generate ideas and translate them into practical solutions
9. Excellent/Good verbal and written English is required for this role
1. BSc in Computer Science or related degree or a highly developed level of technical
ability or relevant work experience
1. Experience in a 21 CFR Part 11 FDA regulated environment desirable
2. Experience testing complex software (web or mobile applications)